ADVANCED PROCUREMENT STRATEGY COURSE DESCRIPTION:
Sales and Account Management professionals are facing increasingly sophisticated and involved procurement organizations. The rise of procurement’s involvement creates challenges for value-rich companies, including:
- Commoditization of products and services
- Margin erosion and price pressure
- Longer sales cycles
- Relationship erosion
Looking ahead, it is critical to navigate these challenges while continuing to drive the sales process. As procurement continues to expand its influence and attempt to create a “level playing field” by limiting access and assessing suppliers on a price basis, sales professionals must fight for value.
This course leverages IMPAX NxtGen™ Selling and provides participants with actionable strategies to navigate procurement and drive the sales process while in a tendered opportunity.
ADVANCED PROCUREMENT STRATEGY COURSE OBJECTIVES:
Participants will build actionable capabilities to immediately increase productivity by:
- Assessing customer opportunities to identify strengths, weaknesses, and appropriate actions
- Developing a deep understanding of the customer’s business direction and departmental needs (beyond the tendered opportunity as written)
- Developing a relationship strategy to gain access to senior-level decision makers (beyond the Procurement evaluation team)
- Creating a gatekeeper and procurement strategy
- Delivering high-impact business presentations that drive action
- Positioning value over price
ADVANCED PROCUREMENT STRATEGY COURSE TOPICS:
- Introduction to the IMPAX NxtGen™ Process
- Procurement Basics
- Target Opportunity Selection
- Gathering Customer Insight
- Developing Value Messages
- Relationship Strategy
- Building Customer Coaches
- Gaining Access to Decision Makers
- Neutralizing Gatekeepers
- Procurement Strategy
- Delivering Customer-Focused Presentations
- Executing Your Strategy
Strategic B2B sales and account relationship management professionals who regularly interface with Procurement, including:
- Sales Representatives
- Enterprise Sales Executives
- Key Account Executives
- Other: Anyone who is customer-facing, and/or actively engaged in customer relationships and activities
Blended Method of Instruction: This course is a blended learning experience, comprised of a self-directed digital course followed by an instructor-led application workshop. The instructors are experienced sales leaders who have faced the same realities as the participants. Participants will actively develop a real customer opportunity that will be ready for immediate implementation.
- Digital Learning: Participants begin with a self-directed digital course to establish a foundation in the process. The digital course consists of nine instructional modules plus a certification exam. Each module takes 30-45 minutes to complete, and learners may progress at a pace comfortable to them.
- Application Workshop: Following the digital course, participants complete a live application workshop (virtual or in-person) to strengthen and apply concepts covered in the digital course to a live opportunity. Attendees identify a real opportunity in their pipeline to advance during the workshop. They will apply learnings and develop the account throughout the application workshop.